This class meets every Tuesday & Thursday from 6 pm - 8:00 pm for 10 weeks at El Dorado High School.
The Certified Kitchen Cook program is for individuals who would like to learn basic kitchen skills and earn a nationally recognized certification in the culinary and hospitality industry.
- Learn customer service, communication, teamwork, conflict resolution, and professionalism skills.
- Describe ways kitchen cooks meet superior performance standards.
- Learn safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Learn basic culinary terms.
- Identify and explain how to use basic kitchen tools and equipment.
- Differentiate between different kinds of knives and describe how to care for them properly.
- Define standard cuts used for different kinds of foods.
- Understand standard recipe development.
- Follow proper procedures for weighing and measuring ingredients.
- Learn how to convert standard recipes.
- Describe how to control food costs.
- Identify nutrition trends that may affect the day-to-day job.
- Describe the correct plate presentation and garnish procedures.
- Discuss ways to handle special guest situations, including special requests, substitutions, and complaints.
- Review the process for working a call-and-pick-up system.
- Explain the purpose of banquet event orders and discuss how to use them to work more efficiently.
- List procedures for handling leftovers at your property.
Upon passing of exams, students will leave with an American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute Kitchen Cook certification.
Registration is now open for the August 1, 2017 session. Space is limited.
Program Cost: $395 + $105 Book/Exam/Supply/Chef Jacket Fee
For more information: